We are ready to speak with any church or community group that might be interested in starting a Divorce and Relationship Recovery program. Please consider the criteria we’re using to evaluate potential host churches or organizations:
• In the San Francisco Bay Area, we’d like to establish groups in the Oakland area, the Tri-Valley area (Dublin/Pleasanton), Walnut Creek and “Coastside” (Pacifica and Half Moon Bay) – and in Southern California, Texas, or other locations outside the Bay Area
• A meeting room large enough to hold the entire group, equipped with projector and/or flat-panel video and audio, adequate for everyone to experience video and audio content
• A location that’s easy to find, and accessible from major freeways or streets (since we often hold meetings at 7:00pm on weekday evenings, when traffic can be a factor) and/or mass transit in urban areas
• A heart for serving those in need, both inside and outside your own walls – perhaps as evidenced by programs like Stephen Ministry or outreach programs for homeless people, grieving people, veterans or those facing addictions
• A desire to serve them without any expectation of a particular denominational or faith background, or an intention to evangelize
• A startup team of three volunteers, including a “point person” for launching and supporting the group, and at least two other volunteers with small group leadership and/or mental health experience – and with one of the three able to host and run the weekly meetings
• A startup budget of $500 to cover videos, books, printing, materials – and willingness to consider financial support of the Divorce and Relationship Recovery Network, so we can provide ongoing support to your group, and launch others
If your church or organization can’t meet these criteria on your own, please consider teaming up with others in your area to jointly launch a program operating at one of your facilities.
We appreciate financial support from our host organizations, and most of our current ones either provide it or are considering it – but it is not a pre-requisite to starting a program.
If you meet most or all of these criteria, please contact us. Thank you!